Monday, July 28, 2008

WOD Mon. July 28, 2008

I want to focus on my Oly lifting a little bit for the 2 weeks up against this seminar on 8/9-8/10. Today I worked some technique drills and complexes with some other fun stuff!

3 Position Snatch(Hang, Below Knee, Mid-shin) 65#x3
Snatch 109#(Easy)
Clean complex(PC+FS+HC+C&J)109#x3
Front Squat 109#x8x3
Overhead Carry 109#~30 Yards

I used light weight so as to focus more on the technique. I really worked on some of the things Everett talks about in his book, e.g. keeping elbows rotated out, a more vertical back in the pulling position, and placing the bar more over the ball of my foot as opposed to the mid-foot a-la Rippetoe. I can't wait for Boston. I really want to learn these lifts so I can compete at a lifting meet.

Notation for the complex(PC=Power Clean, FS=Front Squat, HC=Hang Clean, C&J=Clean & Jerk).

No comments: