Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The Dark Knight

I just have to say... this movie was incredible!! There was not one aspect of this film that I would have changed. The performance of every actor was great, but greatest of all was Heath Ledger as the Joker. As a Batman fan this is how I always pictured the Joker, maniacal and frightening. Despite the fact that this is a superhero film, Ledger's performance is absolutely Oscar worthy. I also found Maggie Gyllenhaal to be a much better Rachel Dawes than Katie Holmes. Holmes I think has very little substance as an actress, but Gyllenhaal has it by a mile. This film was a superhero masterpiece and will be hard to top by anyone. The shame of it is that we will never get to see Heath Ledger's Joker in another movie. They left the possibilty open for a Joker return, but who will dare to try and top that. Time will tell and I can't wait for the next installment, that is if it is done by the same directing and acting ensemble. If you haven't seen it yet what are you waiting for?? GO, NOW!!!

No comments: