Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Hard Routine up until now

This post is the entire months nutrition up until today:

7/7/2008
9AM: Got 8 hours sleep
Weight: 192
I'll eat my first meal at 4 PM today. I figure I'll start off this whole thing with a 20 hour fast.

Broke the fast at 18 hours.
1st meal: 4oz turkey breast(4BP)
12oz baby carrots(that's a lot of carrots) (4BC)
12 almonds(4BF)

2nd meal: Smoothie
Protein powder, banana, peanut butter(4tsp),8oz milk
4 blocks of P, C, F

3rd meal: 4oz steak(4BP)
1 can lentil soup(3BC)
1/2 apple(1BC)
12 cashews(4BF)

4th meal: Smoothie(same as earlier)

WOD
Cindy: 11 rounds:(
This was very very disappointing!!! I guess a month of starting strength and no metcon is no good for a crossfitter. My previous PR is 16 rounds+5 pullups+7 pushups. I guess it didn't help that I was fighting bronchitis 2 weeks ago and this past weekend happened to be 4th of July. ENOUGH EXCUSES! In two weeks when I do this again I am shooting for 17 rounds. I will do it.

Going to sleep at 11PM.

7/8/08

Got about 9 hours sleep. Feel like I want some more...

7/8/08
1st meal: 1 sausage(3BP)
1 egg(1BP)
2 slice toast(4BC)
1 1/3 tsp butter(4BF)

2nd meal: 2oz. turkey(2BP)
2oz. swiss cheese(2BP)
2 apples(4BC)
12 cashews(4BF)

3rd meal: 4 blocks of everything smoothie

4th meal: 4oz. steak(4BP)
1/2 bag broccoli(?BC)i hope that's enough b/c it's a lot
12 cashews(4BF)

Took 2 fish oil caps w/ every meal. I felt a lot better today. My WOD(see Springfield WOD) took a little long but it was a very heavy push press. Also, my 3 sets of power cleans @ 140# felt pretty light so that's a good thing. My metcon will come back soon I hope. The block chart says 2 cups of broccoli is 1 block of carbs. I doubt if I ate 8 cups, but it sure feels like I did:) 10:30pm, time to take my ZMA and turn in for the night.

9 hours sleep. I feel good. I'm surprised my shoulders aren't more sore right now but the day just started.

9/9/08

1st: 1 sausage(3BP)
1 egg(1bp)
1 1/3 tsp olive oil(4bf)
2 apples(4bc)

2nd: 2oz. turkey(2bp)
2oz. cheese(2bp)
4tsp light mayo(4bf)
2 slice bread(4bc)

3rd: 4 blocks of everything smoothie

4th: 4 oz. steak(4bp)
1/2 bag broccoli(?bc)need to figure this one out
6/6 cashews/almonds(4bf)

About noon my shoulders and quads started getting really sore. I decided to take a rest day. Went to bed at 12pm.

9/10/08

work up at 8:45am. I feel great! Gonna hit it really hard today. I know it'll be something crazy cuz it's Zachs day.

1st: omelet(2 eggs(2),1 oz. steak(1), 1oz. cheese(1))(4bp)
2Tbs catsup(1bc)
1 banana(3bc)
1 1/3 tsp olive oil(4bf)

2nd meal: 2oz. turkey(2BP)
2oz. swiss cheese(2BP)
2 apples(4BC)
12 cashews(4BF)

3rd: 4 blocks of everything smoothie

4th: 4 oz. steak(4bp)
1/2 bag broccoli(2bc)
1 apple(2bc)
6/6 cashews/almonds(4bf)

The omelet I had for breakfast was awesome! This zone thing isn't all that hard after all. I pr' d in the overhead squat with 3 reps @140#. I wonder what my 1 rep max is? I gotta say that I feel great having this dialed in zone. It is definitely something I will try to keep to for as long as possible. Of course it is only the 4th day. We'll see how I feel about it in a couple of weeks. I'm confident though that it will be positive. Bed time is 11pm.

As a side note, I just realized that the past 2 days have been labeled as month 9(as in September). If you are reading this blog, please disregard that and know I meant 7(as in July).

1st: 2 quesadillas(2 corn tortillas(3bc), 1oz cheese(1bp))
1 sausage(3bp)
1/2 apple(1bc)
12 cashews(4bf)

2nd: 2oz. turkey(2bp)
2oz. cheese(2bp)
4tsp light mayo(4bf)
2 slice bread(4bc)

3rd: 4 blocks of everything smoothie

4th: 4oz. steak(4bp)
2 apples(4bc)
6/6 cashews/almonds(4bf)

Did Fran today as prescribed for the first time. I got 11:02, just 21 seconds off of my PR, but that was at 75#. Pleased with that and I know that when I do this a month from now I will improve. I will weigh in on Monday, but I was curious today and checked my weight; it was 187#. That is 5 pounds less than Monday. Wonder what the scale will say then....

Forgot to mention I got 8.5 hours sleep last night.

After a weekend of some good, some not so good meals, I begin my second week of the hard routine. 3 out of the 6 meals this weekend followed the zone. I got about 8 hours sleep Fri, Sat, Sun nights. Here's what I had today...

7/14/08

1st: Omelet(2 eggs, 1oz. steak. 1oz. cheese,4tsp olive oil; 4bp/f)
2tbs catsup(1bc)

2nd: turkey sandwich
2oz. turkey(2bp)
2oz. cheese(2bp)
4tsp light mayo(4bf)
2 slice bread(4bc)

3rd: 4 blocks of everything smoothie

4th: 6oz. Salmon(4bp)Damn good!
spinach(1bc)
tj's black bean soup(3bc)
12 cashews(4bf)

Breakfast was light on carbs. Everything else was legit. Angry I didn't get to workout today. I have to put the work in tomorrow!!

I haven't posted in two days and couldn't remember exactly every meal I had. I do know that they were all weighed and measured, and that I have had 16 blocks for both days. Around 8 hours sleep each day too.

7/17/08

1st: 1 tj's sausage(2bp)
3 cheese quesadillas(4bc,1bp)
1 egg(1bp)
4 macadamia nuts(4bf)

I have been derelict in my posting duties as of late due to time(or lack there of). I can't remember my other 3 meals from last friday, but I know they were measured. I need to tighten this thing up!

7/22/08
1st: tj sausaage & 2 eggs(4bp)
12 Macadamia nuts(12 bf)
12 cashews(4bf)

I read a performance menu article which says if you don't have carbs you can substitute 3 fat blocks for every carb block.

2nd: 4 oz. chicken(4bp)
12 Macadamia nuts(12 bf)
12 cashews(4bf)

Failed on the third meal by getting nuggets from chick-fil-a. Oh well at least it's protein. This 5 day on zone approach is pretty good. I haven't had time to get to the grocery store though which is making it really tough to stay on task. First thing in the morning, it's straight to Trader Joe's for me! Also thought I'd note that on weekends, although I am liberal with my food choices I follow an Intermittent fasting approach. I generally don't eat until after noon and the fasts last between 15-18 hours.


At the end of the month I will write up my observations on The Zone diet.

No comments: