Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Getting back into it with ladders

Read an article on a beginners program I am going to try out. Basically you do ladders of pullups, pushups, and squats to build up your numbers and fitness. I will do this every other day until i complete the ladder up to 10 pullups. I will try to head up to CFDV for some Crossfit WODs most Saturdays. For the first 2 weeks I will do ladders for 10 minutes, then for 20 minutes the remainder of the time. Started today.

For 10 minutes:

ladders up to 4 pullups, 8 pushups, and 12 squats
reset back to beginning, got up to 3 pullups again, then repeated that rung again before time expired

totals were
19 pullups(w/ green band)
38 pushups
57 squats

This should definitely do well to help get me back into doing some movements for reps. Excited to see where this goes and how quickly I can improve. Had to use a band because I can't kip on my pullup bar and I don't have the strength yet to do a strict pullup. Not for long!

The pullups are going to be the limiting factor for sure. There is an outside bar nearby, but it is about 28 degrees out there so I will have to settle for my door gym for now.

No comments: